N Gauge Journal
Welcome to this Cyberspace sample of the N Gauge Journal. The purpose of this version is show you typical examples of articles published in the Journal. All the articles shown here have been published in previous Journals.
The Journal is published bi-monthly and takes the form of an A5 full colour magazine devoted entirely to N Gauge modelling. Regular features include:
• Articles. Members are encouraged to submit articles and photographs. Articles cover: steam and modern image; British and overseas modelling;
• How to guides: beginners through to experienced modeller
• Reviews of new N Gauge products: you will often see things here that you won't see elsewhere
• Letters: members voice their opinions about N Gauge
• News from Area Groups: keep up to date with their activities
• Reports from the Society Officers keeping the membership informed about Society business
• For Sale and Wanted: private classified advertisements are free to members
• Trade Advertisements: a limited number of commercial advertisements are carried
• Prize Competitions: sometimes in the form of crosswords. Prizes include locomotives and books
Website exclusive - extra photos
Following on from Journal 5/10 which included photos from Peter Hardiker's visit to the Ipswich Railway Museum, additional photos from Journal 6/10 which features Rod Kershaw "Seahaven" layout can be found here.
Example "Getting started in N Gauge" articles on-line
We are in the process of adding a selection of past N Gauge Journal articles here, both to act a useful source of basic information and to underline the range of material published in our 100-page bi-monthly full colour magazine.
- Building your first wagon kit
- Converting the Dapol M7 to an LMS P1
- Converting Insulfrog to Electrofrog
- Building variations of the NGK013 Iron Mink kit
- Memory wire point actuators
- Member's layout - Example 1 "A portable layout"
- Member's layout - Example 2 "Machynlleth"