NGS Inspection Saloon - fitting additional parts
Inspection Saloon – Fitting Additional Parts (reproduced here is the text of a posting on the Yahoo group by Noel Leaver. Please send any further suggestions/clarifications [see below] to email@example.com for possible inclusion in this article.)
I have one of the maroon ones. Note the later liveried ones are a slightly different moulding with air horns and possibly have other differences such as other holes to put bits in - I imagine the bits provided are the same for all models.
After a quick look at the bag of bits it seems to contain:
* 2 x dummy hook and screw coupling. This can be fitted (in the central hole in the buffer beam) if you don't need a working coupling at that end - you should be able to manage with a coupling at one end only.
* 2 x dummy hook. This can be fitted in the central hole in the buffer beam if there is a working coupling on that end.
* 2 x vacuum pipe (curved pipe). This can be fitted in the left hand hole in the buffer beam if no working coupling.
* 2 x steam heating pipe (L shaped). This can be fitted in the right hand hole in the buffer beam if no working coupling that end. For later days (after end of steam heating) these would have been removed, also the pipes were usually only fitted in winter months.
* A part that I think might be a representation of a head or tail lamp (the larger of the other 2 parts). The upper part looks OK for a lamp plus handle, I'm not sure about the lower part.
* A part that might be a representation of electrical connections fitted later on the right hand side of the ends for electrical heating and MU operation, but I am by no means sure, and it seems odd only 1.
Any further suggestions/clarifications welcome. [see above]
In later days a lot of extra bits such as headlights got added, different on each coach.